Coffee Ice Cream Fudge Cake
What you need
For the Chocolate Cake Layers (2 Layers)
For the Hardening Chocolate Directly on Cake
For the Ice Cream Filling
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to the bowl of a stand mixer. Combine ingredients.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and mix on a low speed until well combined.
- Fill greased 2-9” cake pans evenly with batter and bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen and turn over onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Once cool, spread softened Häagen-Dazs coffee ice cream across the length of the cake and put the second layer of cake on top and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- While cake is freezing, make hardening chocolate. Add chocolate and oil to a double boiler, over simmering water. Cool to room temperature.
- While cake is still on wire rack, remove from freezer and gently spread hardening chocolate over cake.
- Place in freezer for at least one hour or until serving.
Feeling Extra Decorative?
Add a border of chocolate coated coffee beans or dollops of whipping cream to the top of your cake for the perfect finishing touch.
Fancy a Minty Variation?
Omit the espresso powder and substitute mint chip ice cream for the coffee ice for a cool take on this cake. Add crushed cookie pieces on top for even more of a treat.