Meringue Sandwiches With Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
What you need
For the Meringue
For the Filling
How to prepare
For the Meringue:
- Preheat the oven to 200° Fahrenheit.
- In an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whip egg whites on medium speed until fluffy. Sprinkle in the salt, and mix well.
- On high speed, sprinkle in the confectioners' sugar a little at a time. Mix well for 2-3 minutes until egg white mixture is glossy and stiff.
- With a piping bag or spoon, pipe or drop rounds of meringue mixture 1 inch apart onto a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut over the tops of the meringue rounds, and bake 1-2 hours until meringues have dried out and are a slight off-white color. Cool completely at room temperature.
To Make the Sandwich:
- With a small ice cream scoop or spoon, portion of Häagen-Dazs® pineapple coconut ice cream and sandwich between two like sized meringues.
Serve and enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to a month.
Make Your Egg Whites Work Hard
Room temperature egg whites make the BEST meringues because they whip larger and stronger than cold egg whites.
Treat Your Meringues With TLC
Store unfilled meringues in an air-tight container in the freezer to keep humidity away from them. This will help keep them nice and crunchy for your next treat.